Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I've Caught the Bug


... And this is how I've spent my last three days. Minus the nice hot cup of tea, much to my dismay. But yes, it's true. The flu bug has caught me. Unfortunately.

    Since Sunday night, I've been laying in bed suffering from a runny nose, scratchy cough, pounding headache, and slight fever. Not to mention the disgusting cold sweats, and waking up many times throughout the night to change my sheets, yet again. I don't think I've slept so much in my life, and yet nothing seems to be working.

   Feeling like absolute crap is nothing short of, well... crap, but it's also come at the most inopportune time. I have so much I need to be doing, so much I should be doing, and yet I can barely manage to drag myself out of bed. It took nearly all of my energy just to take a shower yesterday. Being out of commission for the last 3 days, has certainly put me behind. Hopefully I can bring myself to get to school tomorrow, and I can only pray my 4-day weekend coming up is enough time to catch up on all my work. Knowing that it's especially important for me to attend classes and keep up this year, worries me. I'm really hoping that a 3 day absence isn't enough to send me into a funk.

    I have a habit of sinking into myself when I get stressed out. Instead of getting the stuff done that I need to get done, I have no desire to do anything, thus only worsening my situation. I've made a pact to myself that I wouldn't fall into this pattern again this year, and so far, I haven't. But I'm worried that this little sickness is enough to ruin my progress. I'm doing my best to trust myself and know that I've got things under control.

    In any case, I'm feeling slightly better than I did 18 hours ago, so I guess that's a plus. My symptoms are slowly (but surely!) diminishing, and I can't wait to be over this crazy little monster of Influenza.

    Quick Reminder: If you haven't already, go get a flu shot!

    Take it from me, the season's in full swing!

1 comment:

  1. so sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather - i absolutely hate being sick! in fact, i just got my flu shot on friday, but i woke up this morning coughing... i guess it's just that time of year again :(

    thank you so much for following my blog - i am now following yours :) i hope you feel better soon & have a lovely rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete